Monday, May 28, 2012

Van Neste Square Bus Terminal Pay Phones


 

Ridgewood is an upscale, leafy suburb with a recently renovated NJ Transit train station, but its so called bus station, The Van Neste Square Bus Terminal, must be one of the most dilapidated in the state. The pictures on the internet make it look pristine, but’s a basically a rundown shack. But, this rundown shack does have a working pay phone.

Bergen Taxi sticker on the pay phone; you know at least once this sticker and this pay phone saved somebody’s life. I’m in Ridgewood, my car won’t start and my cellphone battery is dead and all the bars are closed and I shouldn’t be driving anyway because I helped close them. You know this happened at least once, so the persistent presence of pay phones pays off.

I went outside to take a picture of the shack and what do I see on one of the exterior walls but another pay phone!

 The Van Neste Square Bus Terminal may have seen better days but it still has two Pay Phones!



No comments:

Post a Comment