Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The New is The Old

I’ve seen signs go up, but rarely am lucky enough to see one go down. I remember when it first went up, posted here, the sign for the Feast, in July. The Feast was in August. As typical, a month later the sign for the feast is finally removed. What I didn’t realize at first was the sign actually covered an existing Groove on Grove sign, a cleverly efficient usage of banner hanging. A Clutter of banners would defeat the purpose of banners all together. I liked the way the Italian Feast banner is draped over the existing banner, which was underneath it all the time. Either this week or next is the last Groove on Grove, so the sign is still good for a little anyway. I keep an eye on it because I figure by the time they get around to covering it up with more relevant banner it signals me to start my Christmas shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment