Monday, September 27, 2010

Crown Mural

I hate to repeat myself but could not resist. I did the same live or mural-ex image funning here with a member of the squash family. The Jersey City Art School is preparing a mural of food for the annual 4th street event. I like the way it uses both real food (such as those artichokes) and packaged food, such as the iconic fried chicken of J.C. called crown. It’s delicious and will probably never eat it again for dietary reasons, not that I have any prejudice against trans-fats, I just prefer my arteries unclogged. You need to see the chicken to know what this is. All you need is the red-striped box and the logo, a detail this artist is working on. This mural project combines the individual and the collective. A mural about food, that theme unifies the work. But each food item is by a different artist. When it is completed and exhibited, which aspect will be most evident.






No comments:

Post a Comment