Monday, July 12, 2010

Saint Anthony Festival






I was in a more insightful and erudite mood for last year’s edition of Saint Anthony’s Festival. So click here to that story.

I wandered down there on Sunday night, just to have a pierogie and a potato pancake. Not exactly on my cardiologist list of food items, but dang, they were good. I came between the bands, looked at the crowd. It was very nice and pleasant. It’s a funny thing about the blog, I think it’s just a reason to have a little photographic fun. Saint Anthony is the patron saint of miracles, and I loved the dollars taped to the statue. Bring back the indulgences. The funny thing about the blog is that like I said, I wrote this up last year and I hate to repeat myself and while these festivals are special, and always fun, one thing that makes them special and fun is that they are the same year in and year out. I don’t have anything fresh to say about this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment