Monday, February 22, 2010

Jersey City Reflection

Barely a day has gone by that I don’t pass this mural. I remember when it first went up. If you look at the clock in the left hand corner, can you figure out the time it says? And, if you do, what is the meaning of the time in the picture? I have yet to solve that mystery. The other night around dusk I was a wandering down that way and noticed for the first time the reflection of Jersey City in the water, the words on the ferry boat shimmer in the water. Was that a function of the light, that it is most apparent when the sun sets in a clear blue winter sky? No, I guess not. I was just in a mood I suppose that I saw this detail in the mural, and the light of this time of day enhanced what has always been there.


No comments:

Post a Comment